Do you have relatives living in New Zealand who can sponsor you, or do you want to bring one of your loved ones to live with you here? Find out your options.
Partnership category visas enable a New Zealand Resident or Citizen to sponsor their partner for:
- a Work Visa if you have lived together for less than a year; or
- Residence right away if you have lived together for at least a year.
You must prove that you have been in a "genuine and stable" relationship. We have many years of experience in helping people to gather the evidence to prove their relationship.
We also have expertise in a special category of Visitor’s Visa for people who are engaged to enter a traditional arranged marriage. This allows you to marry your partner after you arrive in New Zealand, and is a path to Residence.
Contact us now to find out how we can bring you together in New Zealand.
Click here for the Partnership Enquiry form
New Zealand Residents or Citizens can sponsor the following people for Residence:
- dependent children who are under 25 years old, single and not working for themselves
In most cases, the sponsor must have Residence or Citizenship for at least the last three years. Certain other Policy restrictions apply to each category of application.
Parents now apply under a 2-tier system introduced in July 2012. See our Parent Residence Guide for details of what you need to qualify. Our recommendation: Only apply if you fulfill the Tier 1 criteria, because Tier 2 cases will take at least 5 - 7 years to be considered.
You can no longer spsonsor your brother or sister under the Sibling and Adult Child Policy, as this was closed permanently in May 2012. If they wish to come to New Zealand they must now consideer Skilled Migrant Residence.
Click here for the Family Residence Enquiry Form
Retirement Age Policies...
The Government has also introduced visa policies to help older people to come to New Zealand:
- Parent/Grandparent category multiple entry Visitor’s Visas allowing a stay of up to 18 months over a 3-year period
- Temporary Retirement category Visitor’s Visas for people aged 66 or over who can bring at least NZ$0.75 million to invest in New Zealand
- Parent Retirement category Residence Visas for parents of New Zealand Residents or Citizens who can bring at least NZ$1 million to invest in New Zealand. This is a fast-track version of the usual sponsored Parent Residence policy.
Contact us to find out more about these Polices and to see if you qualify. Also read our Retirement Visa Guide for more details.
Click here for the Other' Immigration Enquiry Form