Employers – fill the gap in your workforce with our help.
Employers can enquire about applying to recruit overseas staff. Look at our Essential Skills Work Visa Guide to see why you should save time and money by letting us manage the process.
Many jobs must be advertised before a candidate can apply for a Work Visa. We will work with you to get it right first time, and to review the conditions of employment to reduce the risk of nasty surprises along the way.
If you need to fill several positions now, or over a period of time, consider getting Approval in Principle first. Read our Approval in Principle Application Guide to find out more.
Also see our visa services for Corporates which may offer the solution you need.
Migrants – New Zealand faces a serious shortage of skilled workers in certain areas. You could get a visa to work for a New Zealand employer if you have the right skills.
You must have an offer of sufficiently skilled employment before you apply. We have a lot of experience in working out if your job is acceptable. This can be a complex process which involves the following factors:
- The description of your job and the tasks which you normally do
- Comparing this to how that job is described on the Australia and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO)
- The salary being offered – which can also affect the rights of a partner and children to get visas
- Your previous qualifications and work experience
- Whether your job fits into the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) maintained and updated by Immigration New Zealand
In many cases, applications fail because Immigration does not consider your job offer requires a high enough level of skill – even if you and your employer think that it does.
Labour Market Shortage
You can only get a Work Visa if Immigration is satisfied that there are no New Zealanders available to do that job. This is a difficult test and Immigration aims to protect the job market for New Zealanders, which means that you will not be approved even if your job is highly skilled.
Our firm has successfully taken on Immigration about their assessment of the labour market for many clients.